Sunday, July 26, 2009

Beach and Temple Trip

Its been awhile since I've been able to get on the internet. The orphanage hasnt paid the bill for internet so it probably wont be working the rest of the time I'm here. Now we either go to internet cafes or Martha and I made a friend her named Dominic and he lets us use his internet.
The temple trip happend and it was great; I loved it! It was really good to be able to go to the temple again. It's interesting how the highlight of my trip to Africa has been the temple; something I can do two minutes away from my house.
There are two boys at the orphanage, Eric and Israel, both about 16, that came to church with us the other week. They have been meeting with the missionaries and seem to really enjoy it. They ask tons of questions and seem to be eating everything up. We'll see how it goes.
This weekend Martha and I took a very needed trip. We went to Kokrobite beach. We stayed in this awesome hotel in a little grass roofed room. The food there was SO good! I almost cried when we had ice cream. I tried some fish which was complete with head and eyeball; really good though. Now it's back to rice and bread everyday at the orphanage, but it'll be okay.
While we were there they had culture night on Friday. It was so so cool. They had african dancers with drumers and everything. They even had an acrobat/fire eater. The next day we went to a monkey sanctuary. We only saw one monkey, but it was still really cool. We saw it jump from one tree to the next. After we went on a canoe ride. They use big bamboo sticks to row the boat instead of oars. Like a gondola. I tried to steer the boat, but it was very hard. That night was Regae night. It had a live band with dancing. It was really fun until we got tierd and tried to sleep but couldnt because the band played until three in the morning.
This next week is the kids last week of school before exams. My kindergarten class really doesnt know much so we'll see how they do on exams. Thats it for now. Til next time!

2 comments:

  1. Thansk for updating! I love reading about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! I want to go to culture night!

    ReplyDelete